Apply For A Private Life Visa

If you have accumulated at least 20 years of residence in the UK which includes periods of unlawful stay, you may be eligible to apply for Leave to Remain in the UK based on your Private Life.

About the Private Life Visa

Paragraph 276ADE(1) of the Immigration Rules takes into account the time you have spent in the UK and your connections here.

private life visa path

Example of our successful client:

The client initially entered the UK on a Visitor Visa and overstayed. In addition, he had used different identities in the UK which made proving his continuous residence rather difficult. Furthermore, he kept barely any documentation from his earlier years in the UK. He worked for cash in hand to support himself. We were very resourceful in assisting the client to gather a plethora of strong evidence and presented compelling legal arguments to support his application. The client received Leave to Remain promptly, without any further questions from the Home Office.

If you would like to discuss your case with our team please get in touch.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Applying for a visa on the basis of Private Life

Evidence required for the 20 years long residence visa:


√ Should provide evidence of your residence in the UK throughout these years

X  Do not have to show that you have been previously living in the UK on a lawful basis (eg, if you had overstayed expired visa or entered the UK illegally)

X Do not have to fulfil English language requirements or income requirements

Have a question?
Book a consultation

Unlawful stays in the UK under 20 years of residence

If you have had an unlawful stay in the UK but have not accumulated 20 years of residence here, you may still qualify for Leave to Remain based on your Private Life if you fulfil one of the following requirements:

  1. You are under 18 years old, and have lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years, and it would not be reasonable to expect you to leave the UK; or
  2. You are aged between 18 to 25, and have spent at least half of your life living continuously in the UK; or
  3. You are aged 18 years old and above, have lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years, but there would be very significant obstacles to your integration into the proposed country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.

Discover more

Want to get more Info?
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
grey shadow border

Request a callback

QC Immigration can help Increase your chances of your UK visa application being accepted with the help of our experienced immigration lawyers.

Provide your info
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
people are listening